Sometimes it seems like I find things in bunches…the bacon blotter stories last week and now this week, tear away bacon bread recipes…
Look at that pure hunk of goodness right there. It’s called a “pull”, I call it hot damn! Believe it our not, it comes from the New York Times (yeah, I know, really, the New York Times)
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls
- 1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread (preferably round)
- 8 to 12 ounces Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 3-ounce bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits (or just cook some up and pulse it, it’d taste batter)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut the loaf in both directions in a checkerboard pattern, being careful not to cut through the bottom crust.
- Place slices of cheese between cuts.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get between cuts.
- Mix butter with ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
photo ad recipe via New York Times
October 6, 2011 No Comments