Whiskey, Caramel, Marshmallow and Bacon Bark
- 16 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup whiskey
- 1 cup caramel (recipe follows)
- 1 cup of spiced bacon crumble (recipe follows)
- Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl above simmering water. Heat on low until chocolate is melted. Pour half of melted chocolate into parchement-lined pan. Then using an offset spatula, spread chocolate until smooth. Transfer pan to freezer to chill for about 5 minutes or until melted chocolate becomes solid.
- Place marshmallows in a large saucepan and heat until marshmallows starts to just melt and forms web-like strands when stirred. Remove from heat and add in 5 tablespoons of whiskey; stir to combine. Spread marshmallow mixture over solid chocolate layer. (To easily spread the marshmallow to an even layer, spray offset spatula with non-stick spray.)
- Pour caramel on top of marshmallow layer. Then, using an offset spatula, spread caramel until smooth. Transfer pan to freezer to chill for about 5 minutes or until caramel becomes slightly hardened. Pour remaining half of chocolate over caramel layer and, using an offset spatula, spread chocolate until smooth. Sprinkle and gently press bacon crumble into chocolate, Return fully assembled bark to refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes or until bark becomes solid. Bring bark to almost room temperature before cutting.
To get the Ingredients and Directions for the bacon crumble and the caramel, head over to endlesssimmer.com. That’s where this incredible recipe came from!
Thank you FoTDB Cathryn (SHOUT OUT!) for sharing this with me today on the Facespace
June 6, 2012 No Comments