Better with Bacon – Maple Syrup, Bacon and Blueberry Bread Pudding…
Seriously, can you say yum?!? I do believe I know the menu for the next family brunch at the Baird compound / TDB World Headquarters…
Maple Syrup, Bacon and Blueberry Bread Pudding
- 5 cups (600 g) stale French bread (6-8 thick slices) cut in 1.5-in. cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) bacon (15-20 slices)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup (250 ml) half & half 10% cream
- ? cup (75 ml) maple syrup
- ? cup (160 ml) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) blueberries — fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C). Butter a non-stick 8 x 8-in. (22 cm) baking pan. Cut stale bread into cubes and set aside. Fry slices of bacon in a pan, let cool and cut into 3/4 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks, cream, butter and maple syrup. Soak cubed stale bread in egg mixture for 10-20 minutes until bread absorbs egg mixture. Fold in bacon and blueberries.
- Pour into buttered baking pan. Bake in a oven for 50-65 minutes until bubbling and golden brown. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
via Toronto Sun