Better with Bacon – Chicken Linguine with Peas, Parmesan and Bacon
YUMMMMMMMMMMMIE! Yes, yummie with an “I-E” instead of the traditional “Y”. Why? Because it’s extra special good
Just in time for dinner it’s yet another great bacon recipe that is simple and easy to make. Also according to momlogic.com, it will serve 6-8 people for under $10.00.
It’s Chicken Linguine with Peas, Parmesn & Bacon! Recipe after the jump…Chicken Linguine with Peas, Parmesan & Bacon
- 1 lb. box linguine (boils in 7-8 minutes)
- 1/4 lb. raw bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 16 oz. bag frozen petite peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While the pasta is boiling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown the minced bacon. Remove the bacon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Season the chicken with black pepper and a small amount of salt. Cook in the hot bacon fat for a few minutes until done and set aside.
- In the last minute of the pasta boiling, add the bag of frozen peas and boil for a minute.
- Drain the pasta and pea mixture, add it back to the pot and top with the olive oil and chicken.
- Toss evenly with tongs. Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles.
Originally posted 2010-04-26 15:22:14.