Oh Paula Deen! I know my boy Anthony Bourdain doesn’t think that highly of you, but I’ve got a little place in my (clogged) heart for you!
This is one of hers, courtesy of Smithfield (hence the shout of in the recipe):
Blazin’ Hot Bacon Dip
- 1/2 lb. Smithfield bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients, except Smithfield bacon, in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Do not process until completely smooth, keep slightly chunky. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in all but a tablespoon of bacon.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl and top with remaining tablespoon bacon. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables.
photo and recipe via Smithfield
Originally posted 2011-09-15 20:52:02.
January 24, 2013 No Comments