Yes, I said it, PIG NUTS!!! Pig Nuts, Pig Nuts, Pig Nuts!!!
Candies Pig Nuts!
I CAN NOT BELIEVE that in the 2 1/3 years of this blog I had yet to come across this incredible recipe. God bless Instructables!
Better yet – I have EVERYTHING to make this in my kitchen RIGHT NOW!
It will happen this weekend. I will have PIG NUTS!
Candied Pig Nuts
- 16oz. Shelled Pecans Halves (thinking of using almonds too)
- 12oz. package thin-sliced uncooked Bacon
- 1 Large room temperature egg (just the white)
- 2tsp. Maple Syrup (or Maple-flavor Syrup)
- 2tsp. Cold water
- 3/4C. White Granulated Sugar
- 1/4C. Light Brown Sugar
- 2tsp. Ground Cinnamon (Reduce to 1tsp. if fresh-ground)
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- 1/2tsp. Bacon Salt
- OPTIONAL 1/2tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes
You have to visit Instructables for the step-by-step (photos included for you visual learners).
Thank you to aristocob for your fantastic recipe AND sharing it with the world!
Originally posted 2011-04-15 20:31:21.