Better with Bacon – Chocolate Bacon Peanut Bark…
I’ve had a massive sweet tooth during the holidays so I thought that we could start out the “Better with Bacon” segment for the new year with something that makes my teeth hurt a little just looking at the picture…
Oh, and it’s REAL simple!!
Hit the jump to see this recipe…
Chocolate Bacon Peanut Bark
- 8 strips bacon
- 16 ounces chocolate 60%-75% cacao (chunks or chips are fine)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon, turning several times, until browned and done, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop finely.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate to a double boiler (or a saucepan on top of another saucepan). Once the water begins to boil, add the chocolate. Using a spatula, stir continuously, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the bacon and peanuts. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to 3/8-inch thickness. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. The bark should be hard and chilled.
- Place bark on a cutting board and cut into pieces â€” any size or shape you’d like. Serve at about room temperature.
photo and recipe via Dying for Chocolate
Originally posted 2010-01-04 12:40:41.