Better with Bacon – Beer and Bacon Mancakes…
What the heck is goin’ on?? First bourbon bacon pancakes and now…now…beer and bacon mancakes? (Yes, they actually called them mancakes)
Recipe and even a VIDEO after the jump.
Beer and Bacon Mancakes
- 1/2 lb bacon (8 slices)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup of your favorite regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place wire rack on top of cookie sheet. Arrange bacon in single layer on top of rack. Bake 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon with half the brown sugar. Bake 10 minutes longer. Turn bacon over; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Crumble bacon into small pieces; set aside.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or electric griddle to 375°F; grease with vegetable oil or shortening.
- In medium bowl, beat Bisquick mix, beer and eggs with whisk until blended. If batter is too thick, add additional beer until desired consistency. Stir in bacon. Pour by 1/2 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden brown.
Prep Time: 55 Minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Originally posted 2011-01-31 21:51:37.