Julia Child would have been 100 years old today!
I grew up with Julia on “Good Morning America” and while watching my DVR’ed episode of “The Chew” this evening (yes, I “zoom” through it every night after “PTI“) I was reintroduced to one of her most favorite recipes – Boeuf Bourguignon!
So here’s to you Julia! Who knows where televised food shows would be today without your pioneering spirit and love for food!
- 6 ounces bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds lean stewing beef (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 cups full-bodied young red wine (like Chianti)
- 2-3 cups brown beef stock or canned beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 crumbled bay leaf
- 18-24 small white onions (brown-braised in stock)
- 1 pound quartered fresh mushrooms (sauteed in butter)
- parley sprigs
Head on over to “The Chew” website for the step by step!
August 15, 2012 No Comments