There is no need to attempt to be witty with a headline when what you are talkin’ about is quite simply AWESOME!! No need to bury the lead…
Originally posted 2010-12-23 20:27:14.
September 12, 2014 1 Comment
This put a giant smile on my face today. From “Adventure Time” and then looped…
I’m sorry about this last week, between work, a charity event, election night and date night (yeah, I had one of those too) I just wasn’t able to sit down and craft posts. I’ll do better this next week.
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Originally posted 2012-08-12 14:17:07.
September 11, 2014 No Comments
It’s like an enclosed bacone with a jack o’lantern face…
When I first saw this, my smile grew to be as big as his!
Two more days!!!
[Picture via Steven Humour]
Originally posted 2009-10-29 09:00:05.
September 10, 2014 No Comments
have never been spoken.
This is an oldie, but a goodie…plus my sister sent it to me and she really wanted to make the blog.
Hope everyone had a great day! If not, you got a few hours left, make the most out of them
Originally posted 2011-10-04 21:21:10.
September 9, 2014 No Comments
If you are french, a french chef or fan of “Top Chef” this may rub you the wrong way.
And as for bacon recipes this one may be a stretch…but the recipe does include bacon and crock pot cooking is supposed to be easy…
Catch the recipe after the jump. [Read more →]
Originally posted 2010-03-01 19:41:38.
September 8, 2014 No Comments
It’s a twofer tonight as we finish out our side dishes. So far on our Thankin’ for Bacon Thanksgiving table we have:
- Bacon Apple Pie – Dessert
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts – Appetizer
- Spinach, Bacon and Onion Dip – Appetizer
- Green Beans and Bacon Sauté – Veggie Side
- Carrots with Country Bacon – Veggie Side
What’s missing? Some good old, stick to the ribs, potatoes and stuffing!
Let’s start with the taters…
Cheddar and Mashed Potato Gratin
- 4 bacon (slices chopped)
- 1 cup shallot (sliced)
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (leftover)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped, thyme and chives)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook bacon and shallots in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and herbs. Mix in 1/4 cup milk, adding more milk if mixture is dry. Season potato mixture with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 2-quart gratin dish. Sprinkle cheese over and bake until cheese is beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
Aren’t those yummy?!? With something as heavy as that, I thought we’d go a slightly different route with the stuffing…
Wild Rice Cranberry and Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 slice bacon (chopped) – Ed. Note: feel free to add more
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cornbread (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and melt. Add onions, celery and mushrooms. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add cranberries and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Add corn bread, cooked wild rice, pecans and bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast inside turkey or in casserole dish (about 30 minutes at 350 degrees).
We wrap up our week tomorrow with the star of the show…
Originally posted 2011-11-22 20:27:40.
September 7, 2014 No Comments
This video was titled “Sign of the Apocalypse”.Â I call it a sign of deliciousness…
Have a great weekend everybody!
Originally posted 2009-10-10 08:30:06.
September 6, 2014 No Comments
TBD’s “Disneyland Correspondent”, Laurie (SHOUT OUT) sent the following to me earlier this week…it was likeÂ a little scavenger hunt…
go to www.renegadecraft.com
click on theÂ drawingÂ of the S.F. golden gate bridge, then
click on “check it out” in , then
click on , then
click on bacon, cake, money, flowers, then
click on the picture of the raw bacon weaveÂ (bottom of pics.)
and walla… [Read more →]
Originally posted 2009-07-30 12:39:12.
September 5, 2014 No Comments
LastÂ Friday I opened up the fridge and what did I see…. [Read more →]
Originally posted 2009-06-12 14:00:08.
September 4, 2014 No Comments
FoTDB* Justin has been on a roll this week. He’s practically served as my personal bacon news guru through his finds this week! He gets ALL the credit for this picking this one out…
Available over at Spiffy Studios – $23.00 includes s/h.
(* Friend of “The Daily Bacon“)
Originally posted 2010-05-28 08:30:21.
September 3, 2014 No Comments